Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 19, 2008

Opposites Attract

So if you know S and me as a couple you know how very different we are from each other. He LOVES going to the movies, I can't stand going to the movies. He sleeps in every chance he gets, I'm up by 8 on the weekends. He likes his music loud and raucous, I hate loud noises. I could go on, but I think you get the point. I'm always amazed that we get along as well as we do considering how different our tastes are in just about everything.

That being said, there are some things that we both love- the Washington Capitals being one of them. If you know me from London you might remember a certain TV channel called NBC Super Channel. I think it showed mostly sports for some reason, not good NBC shows- Notre Dame football was on every week during football season and they had an ice hockey highlight show. Being an American overseas, I was hungry for anything related to the States and for some reason I gravitated to the sports show. My love of hockey was born.

Luckily it continued even when I moved back to the States and now it's one thing that S and I love doing together- watching the games on TV and going to Verizon to see live games, which we did last night. Two/Three years ago the Caps sucked. They were HORRIBLE, but we kept watching and supporting. And now we can actually be proud that we support the Caps b/c they are finally good- really good! But I think last night might have been my last live hockey game for awhile. While I am in no way huge yet, I am getting bigger, and sitting in a Verizon Center seat for 2.5 hours (even though they have cushions) is getting more and more uncomfortable. With all my organs shifting around and getting pushed up, sitting straight up in a seat and not being able to recline is not comfortable.

I'm sad that last night have been the last game we go to just the two of us, but it's kind of cool to think that this time next year we'll have a little baby to take with us... hmmm how do you think a 7 month old would fare at a hockey game?

No comments:

Post a Comment