Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Part Two

So we had our second Christmas today. Guess who wasn't there. Yes, that's right. S's bro was a no show. I don't really know why he didn't make it up this weekend, but he didn't, so it was just the four of us. I had a feeling E would not make it up here. We actually found out earlier in the week that E and his gf would not be coming up. It made for a relatively short visit with the Ts, but we had a mini Christmas dinner (complete with the best ham biscuits ever) and exchanged presents. I think E has known since Thanksgiving that he wouldn't be up here for Christmas b/c apparently he had plans to go to his gf's family's house on Christmas Eve. It was still a nice day and Baby T got lots of presents.

Now I just have to mentally prepare for going back to school tomorrow. I don't know where this break went. On the one hand I feel like I've been out of school for months, on the other hand I can't believe break is over already. :( January is going to be a busy month, so I hope that means it will go by quickly. We have progress reports due later in the month and a 5 day break in the middle of the month. We get the Friday before MLK Jr day off, MLK Jr day and that Tuesday (for Inauguration). So that will be nice. I think I can make it through January, but Feb and March are always hard. We do get President's Day off in Feb, but I think our spring break is late this year- very end of March beginning of April. That is going to make for a sucky March- come on snow days!

I am getting very anxious about setting up the nursery, and we have made very little progress. The couch is still there. We did manage to donate A LOT of stuff the other weekend, so that was good. I've been stalking Craigslist for a short dresser to double as a changing table. I've seen a lot of posts for the one I want from Ikea, but apparently other people are much better at buying off of Craiglist than I am b/c every time I email people about dressers I either get no response or they tell me it's been sold already. I did find the large version of the dresser that I want for the nursery. We're actually getting it today from a craigslist seller (as long as she calls us back!) So that will help clear up some clutter in our room. It's a lot larger than my current dresser so I will actually be able to fit all my clothes in it and make room under the bed for odds and ends instead of my clothes. I think we also figured out paint colors. S hasn't decided when he wants to paint yet, but once that's done I'll feel like we're actually getting somewhere.

I've spent enough time this break procrastinating, so I guess I should put in a few hours of report writing tonight and make my life easier the next couple of weekends. Off to do work!

No comments:

Post a Comment