Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So - this post does not have a topic, but is more a collection of observations and complaints- it's not going to be terribly interesting. You have been warned.

1. I saw crocuses- crocusi- crocus? on my walk with the dogs yesterday. You know, those little purple flowers that tend to be the first indicators of spring. But it's February- and it's definitely not spring yet- despite the high 50s we are supposed to get tomorrow and Friday. Anyway, it gave me hope that maybe spring really is just around the corner and I can start enjoying being outside again.

2. I am big and uncomfortable.

Big-I honestly don't know how I can possibly get bigger over the next 8 weeks. I feel huge and would like this to be the biggest I get. Can't I be done already?

Uncomfortable- I tend to go through sleeping spurts. I was sleeping really well for awhile, but lately it's been really hard to get a good night's sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night to pee and then realize my hips hurt and I have to find a comfortable position- which takes time. In the meantime I've woken the dogs who take their time going back to sleep - and Natty usually decides she needs to sleep as close to me as she possibly can. Chance- who is S's dog, has also decided that for some reason he needs to sleep on my side of the bed- so not only do I have to try and get my body comfortable, I have to deal with both dogs on my side of the bed. I'm thinking I may implement a dog ban soon if things don't improve. Plus I've had a stiff/sore neck the past few days- and it sucks.

3. I'm totally unproductive at school. There is a lot I should be doing to prep for not being here the last 8 weeks of the year, but instead of doing what I should be doing, I tend to spend too much time on internet chat boards and perusing websites with pictures of nurseries. Luckily we've finally figured out who is going to take my class for the rest of the year and she'll start in early March- which means I will have to be productive.

4. I am behind in getting important baby related jobs done- like finding a pediatrician and daycare. Ugghh

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're not getting much sleep. That sucks. I think a dog ban is good if you have TWO dogs sucking out your space...but I kind of started kicking out our dog last week when he started getting WAY too close for comfort. I mean, there's close...and there is close. Too close.

    Hey - you can edit this part if you want but you have S's full name in here - do you care? I hate when people tell me that type of thing but if you do, I figured I'd let you know.

    Good luck getting through the next 8 weeks! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete